Firely and HL7 International are aware that the COVID-19 situation, if unresolved within the near future, may eventually impact HL7 FHIR DevDays, June 16-18 in Cleveland, Ohio.
The well-being of all participants is our main priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and send regular updates to keep you informed. In recognition of this complex, rapidly evolving global challenge and in anticipation of many questions over the coming weeks, a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is posted (see below).
Registration for HL7 FHIR DevDays remains open and a final “go/no-go” decision date has been set for May 10. If circumstances require the event to be canceled, registered attendees who have paid will receive a full refund through May 22 in accordance with our policy which is explained in the FAQs.
We ask for your patience while we determine the best way to continue advancing our collaborative efforts around HL7 FHIR as our common goal of interoperability, now more than ever, is proving to be especially crucial to protecting public health.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the timing for a decision on whether HL7 FHIR DevDays 2020 in Cleveland will take place?
The go/no-go decision date has been set for May 10, 2020.
- What kind of safety measures will the organizers implement at the conference?
The welfare of our FHIR DevDays speakers, sponsors, delegates, and staff is our highest priority. As we monitor the situation leading up to the conference, we’ll adapt according to advice received from the WHO and other health authorities to ensure safety measures are in place for all attendees.
The precautions we were already looking into include:
- Increasing the cleaning and disinfection across the event, especially at high-volume touch points including bars/food trucks, handrails, restrooms, touchscreens, and more.
- A no-handshake policy and increased signage to inform attendees of basic hygiene measures such as coughing and sneezing in elbow pit and washing your hands regularly with soap for 20 seconds.
- What is the registration fee refund policy if the event is cancelled?
If the event is cancelled by the organizers, registered attendees who have paid will receive a full refund for their registration fee. Costs for hotel and travel will not be reimbursed by the event organizers.
- What is the refund policy if a registered attendee decides to cancel their registration (but FHIR DevDays is still taking place)?
- If a registered attendee has paid but cancels before May 22, 2020: a full refund minus a $50 processing fee will be issued.
- If a registered attendee has paid but cancels after May 22, 2020: no refund will be issued.
For further information or questions, please contact our support team at email@example.com